Tuesday 14 December 2010

Alun Crockford:
UK Photographer - Clients Include Sony Ericsson, Royal Mail and Kellogg's


To see a selection from 'These things I am', and other new work, just click on the image...

My time has been taken up shooting for, amongst others, Sony Ericsson, Royal Mail and Kellogg's...

'These things I am' is an ongoing project that could best be described as memory portraits. I invited people to provide me with up to three objects that had significance for them, the combination of which would define the person or in some cases, members of their family.

The style of the project draws influence from the work of Juan Sanchez Cotan, the Sixteenth Century Spanish artist. I was struck by his honest and detailed investigation of the most basic objects and felt that this echoed the narrative I wanted to explore in my work.

On a technical note, the work is shot on a large format camera using a digital back and diffused daylight. There is no post production.

If you would like to see the book or would be interested in discussing any of your projects, please email me at alun@aluncrockford.com

Thanks for looking.

Alun


Alun Crockford Photographer
T. 07939 014 034
E. alun@aluncrockford.com
W. http://www.aluncrockford.com

No comments:

Post a Comment